Posts Tagged ‘National peaches and cream day’
Today is National Peaches and Cream Day. How perfect for the first daysummer. And what better time to hit the farmer’s of markets and—if you’re lucky enough to live near one—the farm stands. Together, peaches and cream make a simple, beautiful dessert. The recipe below, from Olivia17 at Allrecipes.com, takes it to another level by grilling the peaches, using cream cheese, and adding a touch of honey. Get out the grill and Happy Summer!
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 1 cup soft cream cheese with honey and nuts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat a grill for medium-high heat.
- Brush peaches with a light coating of oil. Place pit side down onto the grill. Grill for 5 minutes, or until the surfaces have nice grill marks. Turn the peaches over, and drizzle with a bit of honey. Place a dollop of the cream cheese spread in the place where the pit was. Grill for 2 to 3 more minutes, or until the filling is warm. Serve immediately.